Simple to install, programmable, drip irrigation brings the right amount of water needed for garden plants and species grown in pots or in a greenhouse. Thanks to the variety of available accessories (pipes, fittings, sprinklers), the network is built and evolves as needed. Practical, comfortable and very economical to use! DRTS website is the best source of information for drip irrigation.
The drip irrigation allows irrigating all types of plants planted in pots or in the ground. Each species of plant receives the quantity of water that it needs to develop, whatever its location: garden, terrace or greenhouse.
One of the great interests of this irrigation system is to be able to automate, via a “tap nose” programmer. It is possible to preset the frequency and duration of watering, the device does the rest.
- With automatic irrigation, no waste. Only the volume of water useful to the plantations is consumed.
- The programmer runs on batteries.
The faucet noses are available in 1 or 2-way versions, the second option for feeding and controlling 2 separate networks.
Drip irrigation, also known as micro irrigation, is based on the principle of modularity. It is built from narrow black polyethylene pipes, anti-algae material, resistant to UV and low temperatures.
- 13/16 mm for the main circuit and watering hedges or beds.
- 4/6 mm for secondary circuits (potted plants, vegetable garden …).
- Length: 15, 25, 50 or 100 m.
The pipe sections are easy to cut with a cutter or pruning shears. They are connected by means of junctions, branches or reducers adapted to their diameter.
Fixed or adjustable flow sprinklers
Expressed in liters / hour, they are chosen according to the vegetation and its water needs.
- Drippers (2 to 4 l / h): ideal for local watering at the foot of the plant avoiding any moisture on it (tomato, salad, hedge) and therefore the development of diseases.
- Asperseurs and micro-sprinklers (40 to 120 l / h): ideal for massifs.
- Mist (16 l / h): generates a fine fog, necessary for certain plants (young shoots, orchids, indoor plants).
A few hours are enough to achieve a large network of watering versatile. Study it first on plan to place the right accessories in the right places.
Organize circuits to ensure a homogeneous pressure line by line: one way with drippers, another with sprinklers…
- Measure lengths and diameters of pipes to be unrolled, taking into account bypasses and bypasses.
- Carefully list the pieces to be collected before returning to the store.